Beaumaris Lifeboat - Friars Bay Slipway
The lifeboat house and deepwater roller-slipway was constructed in Friars Bay in 1914, to house the Frederick Kitchin Lifeboat.
The Frederick Kitchin was built in 1908 at a cost of £3,727 and was the first Motor Lifeboat for Beaumaris. She was on service in Beaumaris 1914-1945.
Picture courtesy of Mr. Huw Williams.
The Field Marshal and Mrs. Smuts was built in
1945 at a cost of £13,865. She was on service in Beaumaris
The Greater London ll was built in 1955 at a cost of £32,188. On service in Beaumaris 1977-1989, previously stationed at Southend On Sea. The station was awarded an RNLI bronze medal in 1982 for the rescue of the crew of a fishing vessel in a treacherous storm force and blizzard conditions. In 1989 she was re-named Gallichan after the Coxswain who was awarded the Bronze Medal.
The Robert was built in 1960 at a cost of £34,826. On Service at Beaumaris 1989 - 1991. She was the last all weather boat to be stationed in Beaumaris.